Data Protection Officer contact details:
Name: ANCON Technologies Ltd
Address: Unit 1, Canterbury Innovation Centre, University Road, Canterbury, CT2 7FG, ENGLAND
Phone Number: +44(0)1227 811705
Last Updated: 19 Feb 2021
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- name and organisation you work for,
- contact information, including email address and telephone number,
- areas of research you are interested in.
We use your personal information to:
- improve our products and services and enable you to download information from our website,
- send you promotional emails about new or existing products, special offers, investment opportunities, events or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the contact information which you have provided,
- contact you for market research purposes.
We also receive personal information for our mailing lists indirectly, from in-house sources, on your request for addition to our website mailing lists.
We may share this information with:
- law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long your personal information will be kept:
We will hold your personal information for use in marketing communications for as long as you want to receive them.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to 72 hours for this to take place.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
We rely on your consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer (contact details above), although this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights which you can exercise free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information,
- withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information,
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold,
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations,
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations,
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing,
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you,
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information,
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances,
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to our Data Protection Officer,
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. full name, company and email address),
- let us have proof of your identity and address where required (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill),
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
How to complain:
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
The term ANCON or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is:
ANCON Technologies, Unit 1, Canterbury Innovation Centre, University Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7FG, ENGLAND.
Our company registration number is XXX, registered in England and Wales.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.